Play the video on YouTube.
Adding accessibility icons to links on your website can greatly enhance user experience, especially for visually impaired users. This step-by-step tutorial will guide you through the process of setting up accessibility icons in Link Whisper, a popular tool for managing links in WordPress websites.
Step 1: Access Link Whisper Settings
- Navigate to the Link Whisper settings in your WordPress dashboard. You can find this option in the menu.
Step 2: Go to Advanced Settings
- In the Link Whisper settings, locate and click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
Step 3: Configure External Link Icons
- Scroll down until you find the option ‘Add icon to external links’.
- By default, this setting will be off. You can turn it on and choose your preferences.
- Select whether to show the icon only when the link opens in a new tab or for all external links.
- Customize the icon by selecting your preferred design, size, and color to match your website’s theme.
- Optionally, you can exclude certain buttons or HTML tags (like H tags) from this setting.
Step 4: Configure Internal Link Icons
- Similarly, set up icons for internal links. Decide whether to show icons never, only when the link opens in a new tab, or always.
- Just like with external links, you can customize the design, size, and color of the icons for internal links.
Step 5: Save Your Settings
- After configuring the settings for both external and internal links, make sure to save your changes.
Step 6: Check Your Blog Posts
- Once the settings are saved, the icons should now be visible in your blog posts. Browse your website to ensure everything is displayed correctly.
- If you encounter any issues or have questions, don’t hesitate to email the support team at [email protected].
By following these steps, you can easily enhance the accessibility and user-friendliness of your website by adding informative icons to your links with Link Whisper.